Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Modern Queen Antoinette

After reading Trianon, the TRUE stroy of King Louis XVI and Queen Marie Antoinette of France, I found a modern day Marie Antoinette.

See if you can guess the modern day Marie Antoinette. Here are the facts:

Even though she was a European – from Austria, Marie was considered a foreigner.

Marie was hated not only because of her beauty but also because she was falsely accused of buying expensive jewelry and clothes when the economy of France was in troubled times. Even clergy, a cardinal and bishop falsely judged her.

The corrupt parliament was ruling the country and the King had no power.

The military was hated and mobs decapitated military guards.

There were many heresies going around in the Catholic Church and priests had to sign an allegiance to the government which denounced the true Catholic faith. To her dismay, France was never consecrated to the Sacred Heart.

Her brother in-law was also a scoundrel.

Her sovereignty did not get in the way of her vocation as a mother. Her innocent children and family were a constant source of ridicule and abuse to the public.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! I didn't even notice the coincidence until you mentioned it. Btw, I just finished reading the book and I thought it was great! Thank you guys so much!
God bless!
P.S. Who's sleeping tonight? Not me!

Anonymous said...

Man I can't wait to vote!
(yawn)But I'm sleeping tonight

LOL 3yrd Palin

ugh 0b@mA REALLY is the best definition for the mule.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna start reading the book as soon as I can!