Monday, January 13, 2014

Recipes Galore!

I started a new job! I'm cooking in a little cafe that caters to senior citizens! Nutritional and price friendly meals! It's only been a week since I've started, but I already think it has been the best place I've worked in the food industry. The Chef and I are always on the same page. She stresses the importance of sanitation, and comes up with great menus - a different one every day! Here are one of the recipes we adjusted and put together for my job interview! Vegetable Soup Ingredients: 2 cups - Onion, medium diced 2 tablespoons - Garlic, minced 1 cup - Carrot, medium diced 1 cup - Celery, medium diced 1 cup Zucchini, medium diced 1 - Red pepper, medium diced 1 Green pepper, medium diced No salt substitute and pepper 1 – 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes – reserve liquid 2 quarts vegetable stock Olive oil 1 tablespoon rough chopped Basil 1 tablespoon rough chopped oregano • Heat pan with oil. Add the garlic and onions until translucent. • Sweat chopped vegetables with onions on heat for about 10 minutes or until tender. • Add no salt substitute and pepper while vegetables cook. • Combine vegetables with can of diced tomato and juices. • Add stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. • Finish soup with fresh herbs. Season to taste!

3 comments:

Superman said...

Seems like you've finally found a place that has good standards. I'm happy for you Dixi!

Maria.Nicole said...

I am totally making that soup now! Or well... try to.

A Lowly Catholic said...

Do we get to see more posts on this here lovely blog? Pleeease!

~Mary A.